Facetime app became popular within few days and everyone already got struck to this application, because it is so much beautiful and elegant application and far better than Microsoft Skype, Which makes everyone to opt Facetime rather then Skype!
How to download Facetime for Android:
Actually facetime app is developed by Apple, But If you want to use time facetime without having any apple device, then you can install iOS emulator on any Windows version PC and can use facetim on PC.
Facetime for Android- Best alternatives
A very popular app in recent years for video chatting and calling is Facetime. It was welcomed by many users when it was launched in 2010. Face time is an Apple creation and is supported by devices that use iOS as well as Mac computers, specifically Mac OS 10.6.6 and above.
There is also a video verison which can be used by anyone with a front camera device running on iOS or Mac PC. Facetime audio as of now is available for iOS 7 and above devices and any Macintosh device with a forward-facing camera running Mac OS X 10.9.2 and later. Apple developed it on an open standard meaning that this app could purchased and authorised for be used across a range of platforms by different manufacturers. But it has been, since its conception exclusively for Apple users. It costs only 99 cents and can be downloaded easily. The only drawback is that users can communicate only with other Mac device users using Facetime.
Must Read: Facetime for Windows
During 2011, it was found that FaceTime worked well over 3G on all iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices that supported it.Even though previously FaceTime worked only over 3G , it now supports 4G LTE calls on networks all over the world. However, the availability is limited to the operators’ GSM plan.
Features of Facetime
- Calling on Facetime- To call on an iPhone, only dialling of the persons number is required.
- To call on iPad or Mac PC- Users have to type in email id.
- When you recieve a call on Facetime, you will be notified on all your Apple devices. There is also an option to turn off this feature.
Unfortunately Facetime is not an option available to Android device users. But Android users can look for other replacements and alternatives many of which are currently prevalent on Google Play Store. There are many options to choose from which we will be listing below. The given list comprises of the most widely used apps similar to Facetime.
1) Skype– Skype is one of those options similar to Facetime that has existed long before Facetime was even launched but it still has a widely covered fan base with many regular users. Skype was first introduced in 2003 along with music sharing system Kazaa. Later Skype was taken by Microsoft to use as a default messaging system for Windows phones instead of Windows Live Messenger. Alond with Windows, it is commonly used by Android device users as well. When Skype was introduced to Android, they did not include automatic access to contact numbers on the given device. So at that time, users had to update their contacts manually. Now in the recent updated version, Skype will automatically include its contact list with the contacts on the device you are using. Due to this , satisfied users are responsible for keeping this app alive and kicking to date.
Some of the features of Skype include–
They have video chat services like- quality control of the video or voice call. After you finish a call or video chat, you can rate the quality of the call or chat. The video can also be made HD if the option in you device allows it.
Skype is free to use and you can make any number of calls from most devices without any restriction. All you need is a good internet connection.
Skype used to charge a subscription fee for multi-user video chats, but fortunately now group chats are included in the basic service.
It is also possible to connect with friends and family who do not use Skype although for that service you would need a monthly paid subscription or you could pay by minutes.
Viber is another app similar to Facetime and is approved of by many users and its popularity is high even though it is a more recent app. It was originally introduced with features of simple tecting and audio message sharing but it was later upgraded to include audio chat most probably to increase its use among the general public. Even more recently it even started its own video calling feature to match its competitiors like Skype. Those who do not use the more popular apps like Facetime can be found using Viber. It is especially used widely among the younger population.
Some features of Viber include-
Viber is known for its easy to use interface and on point functions which make using the app less of hassle. Viber was designed for phones from the start, unlike Skype which was introduced to PC first and then they made changes in the design to fit it into the handset.
The styling of Viber app seems more comfortable to users who are using it in handheld devices. Unlike Skype, Viber introduced the app for for phones earlier and later moved on to creating a desktop version in 2013.
Even though the popularity of Viber is so far spread with hundreds of millions of users worldwide, they do not have an option to communicate with non Viber users as of now. So you are restricted to using this app for only those who have Viber which can be considered as a drawback when campared to its competitors. As a result, even SMS facility to non Viber users is missing.
Google Hangout is a very convenient alternative to Facetime. It has great user feed back, has all the essentials of real time chat, and video call. What makes it convinient is that Hangout is connected to your Google ID so you are automatically connected on Hangout with all those in your Google Circles.It is used often by Android device users as a substitute to Facetime. Before the release of Hangout, Google was using Google Talk which is still used today. There is a version for iOS phones as well.
Some features of Hangout Include-
Hangout can be used on handsets as well as desktops.
Voice calls are free in Hangout as well.
If you needed to comunicate with many people at once, then you will find good use of Google Hangout because you can carry out multiple people chats at the same time. The maximum is ten people.
Using Hangout while on a data network is easy compared to Facetime. Apple users are recommended to use Facetime when connected to WiFi internet and using it on data doesnt work as well.
Google Hangout is very useful for android device users as it allows you to keep you feed in order and address list up to date.
These were the most popular options for those seeking a substitute to Facetime for Android.
Download Facetime For Android:
- Click the link below which we are providing will download Facetime App to your phone.
Click Here to Download Facetime APK
- After that Download the application APK file which will save a binary file.
- Open the file, run it and wait for few moments.
- The installation gets started.
- After that do three things, Sign up and register with you mobile number and give your email address so that it can validate.
- That’s it , you are done almost.
Have Fun, by using this Facetime app For Android interface. The app helps connect users, regardless of what device is being used.
Don’t forget to bookmark our page and stay tuned, for more interesting tutorials. Follow: http://facetimeforwindowspc.com/ for more Guides